Able Seaman Interview Questions Go Back
1. What do you enjoy most about being a seaman?
2. What type of routine maintenance did you perform on your last ship?
3. If you saw a fellow seaman doing something unsafe what would you do?
4. How well to you respond to authority even when you may not agree with their decision?
5. Tell me about your previous employment. How have these previous experiences helped you prepare for a career at sea?
6. When did you first want to become a sailor?
7. How do you handle working with a fellow seaman?
8. Do you have a history of being late or calling in sick?
9. How many years of service do you have on deck?
10. What experience do you have being an Able Seaman?
11. If hired, what steps would you take to understand the operations of our ship, prior to your start date?
12. What is the worst weather condition you had to operate under?
13. How do you foresee yourself handling long periods of time at sea?
14. Have you ever had to keep watch for long periods of time? How do you keep yourself wide awake and keen?
15. Are you fully trained in the use of lifeboats and life rafts?
16. Are you trained in First Aid and CPR?
17. How strong is your sense of direction?