Telephone Interview Questions Go Back
1. After reviewing our job description, are there any required or desired skills listed that you feel you are lacking?
2. You have a couple of gaps in your resume. Can you explain these?
3. Tell me one skill that you are currently working on improving.
4. What do you know about this company/position?
5. What are the top duties you perform in your current position?
6. Do you have any questions?
7. When would you be available?
8. What is the most important thing you're looking for in a company?
9. How would you rate your communication skills?
10. Where do you see yourself in five years?
11. Why are you considering leaving your current position?
12. What made you apply for this position?
13. How many years of experience do you have in your field?
14. Can you tell me a little about yourself?
15. What's your salary expectation?
16. Where did you come across our job posting?
17. We are moving quickly into second interviews. What is your availability like over the next few days?
18. If you were the successful candidate, how much notice would you require to give your current employer?
19. All of our candidates must pass a criminal record check and education verification check. Is there any reason why you would not be comfortable with this?
20. Do you feel that this position would fit in with your long term career goals? Please explain.
21. Tell me more about your post-secondary education. Are you interested in expanding on your education or gaining any other certifications?
22. What would you change about your current role if you could?
23. Take 5 minutes to walk me through your work history. Please include why you left each position listed on your resume.
24. I'm interested in knowing more about the culture and type of work you are seeking. What is your ideal position at this time?
25. Would your current employer be willing to provide a reference for you, should you be successful in this interview process?
26. Our company is looking for a team member with flexible work hours. Are you able and willing to work overtime as needed?
27. Are you actively interviewing with other companies, and are you close to offer stage with anyone?
28. What do you hope to get out of this position?