Problem Solving Interview Questions Go Back
1. When a problem arises, what are your first reactions?
2. What steps do you take when you have to make an immediate decision and you do not feel you have all the relevant or necessary information?
3. How do you deal with a coworker when they stand in the way of your progress at work?
4. How do you deal with problems when you can't seem to find the right solution?
5. What was the most challenging aspect of your previous job? How did you overcome it?
6. What is your approach to managing important projects?
7. What makes you a great problem solver?
8. When have you had to seek the outside wisdom of a consultant or special adviser when you and your team could not properly solve the challenge your company was facing?
9. How often do you think of innovations that will improve your work performance?
10. Tell me about a time where your analysis of a problem was deemed to be incorrect? What would you have done differently?
11. Give me an example of a time when you had to troubleshoot to solve a problem?
12. What steps do you take to define and understand the problem?
13. What is the most challenging problem you have encountered in your professional career?
14. After you created a solution for a problem, and implemented the solution, how do you test the effectiveness of your solution?
15. When have you faced an unexpecting challenge at work in the past? How were you able to handle the challenge?
16. When have you discovered a problem and gone above and beyond to fix it?
17. Tell me about a time where you had to analyze information in order to make a recommendation.
18. How do you respond to problems that require a quick solution?
19. How do you collaborate with others to solve problems?
20. When faced with a problem, how do you decide which solution is the best option?
21. When have taken an innovative approach to solving a problem?
22. What were the greatest problems you ran into at your current position? What steps did you take for solving each one?
23. Tell me about a time when you failed to solve a problem.
24. What sources do you look to when solving complicated problems?
25. What is the most valuable lesson you learned from a problem you solved at work?