Problem Solving Interview Questions Go Back
1. How do you deal with a coworker when they stand in the way of your progress at work?
2. What steps do you take when you have to make an immediate decision and you do not feel you have all the relevant or necessary information?
3. How do you deal with problems when you can't seem to find the right solution?
4. Tell me about a time where your analysis of a problem was deemed to be incorrect? What would you have done differently?
5. After you created a solution for a problem, and implemented the solution, how do you test the effectiveness of your solution?
6. What was the most challenging aspect of your previous job? How did you overcome it?
7. When a problem arises, what are your first reactions?
8. What makes you a great problem solver?
9. What is your approach to managing important projects?
10. When have you had to seek the outside wisdom of a consultant or special adviser when you and your team could not properly solve the challenge your company was facing?
11. Tell me about a time when you failed to solve a problem.
12. When have taken an innovative approach to solving a problem?
13. Give me an example of a time when you had to troubleshoot to solve a problem?
14. How often do you think of innovations that will improve your work performance?
15. What steps do you take to define and understand the problem?
16. What is the most challenging problem you have encountered in your professional career?
17. When have you faced an unexpecting challenge at work in the past? How were you able to handle the challenge?
18. What sources do you look to when solving complicated problems?
19. What were the greatest problems you ran into at your current position? What steps did you take for solving each one?
20. When faced with a problem, how do you decide which solution is the best option?
21. How do you collaborate with others to solve problems?
22. How do you respond to problems that require a quick solution?
23. Tell me about a time where you had to analyze information in order to make a recommendation.
24. When have you discovered a problem and gone above and beyond to fix it?
25. What is the most valuable lesson you learned from a problem you solved at work?