Leadership Interview Questions Go Back
1. If you were hired for this position, what are the first changes you would implement?
2. When are your leadership skills the most effective?
3. How can we motivate you, as a leader?
4. Have you ever helped to implement a significant company change, in one of your past roles?
5. Give me an example of a time when your communication style helped you to be a more effective leader.
6. Tell me about your experience in training and coaching others.
7. Tell me about a time when you led a difficult project. What was the outcome?
8. When do you best demonstrate yourself as a leader?
9. Tell me your favorite part of being a leader.
10. Do you demonstrate leadership qualities even when you are not in a leadership role?
11. What do you believe would be your biggest leadership challenge in this role?
12. Do you see yourself a leader? When have you led a team?
13. Tell me about a time when you tried to encourage a fellow team member. Was the encouragement well received?
14. Tell me about your leadership qualities.
15. Have you ever had to give an employee a poor performance review? How did you feel about that responsibility?
16. Have you had the opportunity to teach an important skill to a co-worker?
17. Tell me about a time when you took charge of a situation but the outcome was disappointing?
18. When have you had to lead by example?
19. Tell me about a time when you effectively delegated tasks.
20. Tell me about a time when you took charge of a meeting. Was the outcome a positive one?
21. What do you find to be the most difficult aspect of leading your current team?