Leadership Interview Questions Go Back
1. What immediate changes would you like to see, if you were hired for this position?
2. Give me an example of how your listening skills helped you when leading a team.
3. What motivates you?
4. Have you helped to implement a significant change at a company in one of your past roles?
5. Tell me about a time you led a difficult project.
6. Do you have any experience training or coaching others?
7. Give me an example of a time when your communication skills helped you be a more effective leader.
8. How have you demonstrated leadership ability when you were not in a leadership role?
9. What do you enjoy about working in a leadership role?
10. How do you respond to feedback?
11. Describe the best manager you've had so far.
12. If you were to take on this leadership role, what do you think will be your toughest challenge?
13. When do you feel your leadership skills are most effective?
14. Tell me about a time when you had to encourage a fellow team member. How was your encouragement received?
15. Do you believe you are a leader? When have you led a team?
16. What leadership qualities do you possess?
17. When have you demonstrated leadership abilities?
18. Tell me about a time when you took charge of a meeting. How were the results of your actions?
19. Tell me when you have delegated tasks effectively.
20. When have you had to lead a situation by example? How were the results?
21. Tell me about a time when you took charge of a situation, but the outcome was disappointing?
22. When have you taught someone important skills or knowledge, in the workplace?
23. When have you had to give an employee a poor performance review?
24. What is the most difficult aspect of leading employees for you?
25. Describe the worst manager you've had.