Leadership Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. If you were hired for this position, what are the first changes you would implement?
2. Do you see yourself a leader? When have you led a team?
3. Tell me about your leadership qualities.
4. When do you best demonstrate yourself as a leader?
5. Tell me about a time when you took charge of a meeting. Was the outcome a positive one?
6. Tell me about a time when you effectively delegated tasks.
7. When have you had to lead by example?
8. Tell me about a time when you took charge of a situation but the outcome was disappointing.
9. Have you had the opportunity to teach an important skill to a co-worker?
10. Have you ever had to give an employee a poor performance review? How did you feel about that responsibility?
11. What do you find to be the most difficult aspect of leading your current team?
12. Tell me about a time when you tried to encourage a fellow team member. Was the encouragement well received?
13. When are your leadership skills the most effective?
14. What do you believe would be your biggest leadership challenge in this role?
15. Tell me about a time when you led a difficult project. What was the outcome?
16. Give me an example of a time when your communication style helped you to be a more effective leader.
17. Do you demonstrate leadership qualities even when you are not in a leadership role?
18. Have you ever helped to implement a significant company change in one of your past roles?
19. Tell me your favorite part of being a leader.
20. How can we motivate you as a leader?
21. What is the difference between a leader and a manager?
22. What is the most important task of a leader?
23. How will you guide your team in terms of personal development?
24. Which leadership book have you most recently read?
25. As a leader, how will you measure the success of your team members?
26. How do you present bad, or disappointing news, to your team members?
27. How do you react when your team misses a deadline?
28. What do you look for, before giving someone on your team a promotion?
29. Do you prefer group discussions or one-on-one meetings?
30. What does micromanagement mean to you?