Leadership Interview Questions Go Back
1. If you were hired for this position, what are the first changes you would implement?
2. When are your leadership skills the most effective?
3. How can we motivate you as a leader?
4. Have you ever helped to implement a significant company change in one of your past roles?
5. Give me an example of a time when your communication style helped you to be a more effective leader.
6. Tell me about a time when you led a difficult project. What was the outcome?
7. How do you react when your team misses a deadline?
8. How do you present bad, or disappointing news, to your team members?
9. As a leader, how will you measure the success of your team members?
10. Which leadership book have you most recently read?
11. How will you guide your team in terms of personal development?
12. What is the most important task of a leader?
13. What is the difference between a leader and a manager?
14. What do you look for, before giving someone on your team a promotion?
15. Do you prefer group discussions or one-on-one meetings?
16. Tell me your favorite part of being a leader.
17. What does micromanagement mean to you?
18. Do you demonstrate leadership qualities even when you are not in a leadership role?
19. What do you believe would be your biggest leadership challenge in this role?
20. Tell me about a time when you tried to encourage a fellow team member. Was the encouragement well received?
21. What do you find to be the most difficult aspect of leading your current team?
22. Have you ever had to give an employee a poor performance review? How did you feel about that responsibility?
23. Have you had the opportunity to teach an important skill to a co-worker?
24. Tell me about a time when you took charge of a situation but the outcome was disappointing.
25. When have you had to lead by example?
26. Tell me about a time when you effectively delegated tasks.
27. Tell me about a time when you took charge of a meeting. Was the outcome a positive one?
28. When do you best demonstrate yourself as a leader?
29. Tell me about your leadership qualities.
30. Do you see yourself a leader? When have you led a team?