Competency Interview Questions Go Back
1. Give me an example of a challenge you overcame in your last position?
2. What decisions did you routinely make at your last job?
3. Can you tell me about a time that tested your patience?
4. Why is it important to develop relationships with coworkers?
5. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a conflict on your team.
6. Tell me about your education.
7. How do you deal with stressful situations?
8. Give an example of when you took a risk. What was the outcome?
9. Describe a situation where your communication skills made a difference in a situation.
10. How did you bring value to your last position?
11. How did you maintain a good relationship with your last boss?
12. Describe a time when you took a creative approach to solving a problem.
13. How do you manage a large workload?
14. How do you respond to customer or client complaints?
15. Tell me about an achievement you are proud of. What did you find challenging about it?
16. Give an example of when you used your listening skills to solve a problem.
17. What makes you the best candidate for this position?
18. What skills did you learn in your last position that will help you in this new role?
19. How do you deal with uncomfortable situations?
20. Name me a few things you were asked to do in your last position that you weren't trained for.
21. What feedback did you receive at your last job?
22. What would you do differently at your last job?
23. How did your job change over the years you worked there?
24. Give an example of a time when you had to explain complex information to another person.
25. Have you requested extra responsibilities in any of your previous jobs?