Competency Interview Questions Go Back
1. Name me a few things you were asked to do in your last position that you weren't trained for.
2. How do you deal with uncomfortable situations?
3. How did your job change over the years you worked there?
4. Give me an example of a challenge you overcame in your last position?
5. Can you tell me about a time that tested your patience?
6. How do you deal with stressful situations?
7. Tell me about an achievement you are proud of. What did you find challenging about it?
8. Why is it important to develop relationships with coworkers?
9. What decisions did you routinely make at your last job?
10. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a conflict on your team.
11. Tell me about your education.
12. Describe a time when you took a creative approach to solving a problem.
13. Give an example of when you took a risk. What was the outcome?
14. How do you manage a large workload?
15. Have you requested extra responsibilities in any of your previous jobs?
16. Describe a situation where your communication skills made a difference in a situation.
17. How did you maintain a good relationship with your last boss?
18. How do you respond to customer or client complaints?
19. Give an example of when you used your listening skills to solve a problem.
20. Give an example of a time when you had to explain complex information to another person.
21. What would you do differently at your last job?
22. What feedback did you receive at your last job?
23. What skills did you learn in your last position that will help you in this new role?
24. What makes you the best candidate for this position?
25. How did you bring value to your last position?