Competency Interview Questions Go Back
1. How do you deal in uncomfortable situations?
2. Name a few things you were asked to do in your most recent position that you weren't necessarily trained to do. How did you cope?
3. Give me an example of a challenge you overcame in your last position.
4. Do you consider yourself a patient person? How do you increase your patience level in challenging situations?
5. Tell me about an achievement you are proud of. What skills did you use to achieve this goal?
6. How has your current job changed over the years?
7. What decisions did you routinely make in your last position?
8. How do you deal with stressful situations in the workplace?
9. In your opinion, why is it important to develop relationships with coworkers?
10. How do you deal with conflict on your team?
11. Have you requested extra responsibilities in any of your previous roles?
12. Tell me about a time when you took a creative approach to solving a problem.
13. When have you taken an unusual risk in the workplace? What was the outcome?
14. How do you handle a larger than average workload?
15. Do you have confidence in your communication skills? What is your communication style?
16. How did you maintain a good relationship with your most recent boss?
17. Are you capable of handling disputes in a professional manner? How do you respond to customer complaints?
18. Give an example of when you used your listening skills to complete a task properly, or solve a problem.
19. How do you explain complicated concepts to those who may not understand?
20. How did you go about suggesting changes in your most recent company?
21. What feedback did you receive from your most recent manager?
22. What skills did you learn in your most recent position that will help you in this new role?
23. Why are you the best candidate for this position?
24. Tell me the ways in which you brought value to your most recent position.