Sea Transportation Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. We like to hire well-rounded candidates at Company ABC. Walk me through your freight management experience.
2. If someone asked you the top 3 benefits of sea based transportation and logistics, what would you tell them?
3. At Company ABC we connect businesses who need to ship their goods with businesses who require those goods. This means that relationships are everything to us. What is your customer service philosophy?
4. We have many strong competitors at Company ABC. In your opinion, what sets us apart?
5. Why do you see Company ABC as a long term career fit? How does sea transportation fit into your long term career goals?
6. At Company ABC our facility runs 24/7. What is your availability? Do you have a preferred shift?
7. Company ABC puts safety first in all situations. What would you do if you saw a co-worker performing unsafe work?
8. Have you ever worked in a unionized environment? How do you feel about unions?
9. This position may require you to lift up to 50 pounds, bend, and stand throughout the day. Are you able to meet the physical requirements for this role at Company ABC?
10. Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond.
11. I see that you have recently worked for one of our direct competitors. Do you have a non-compete agreement in place?
12. Every day is different when you work at Company ABC. When have you had to shift your priorities in response to sudden changes?
13. At Company ABC we like to hire those who can think on their feet. When have you had to make a split second decision? How do you react under unexpected pressure?
14. If you could start your career over again, what direction would you take?
15. What are your strengths?
16. What are your weaknesses?
17. When have you worked amongst a diverse group of people?
18. What makes you the best candidate for this position?
19. Tell me about an achievement you are proud of. What did you find challenging about it?
20. How do you like to encourage ideas in others?
21. Would your former or current boss describe you as a worker who gladly goes the extra mile to complete their tasks?
22. Judging by your resume, you appear to be overqualified for this position. What would keep you here, if you were offered the position?
23. How will you earn the trust of your coworkers?
24. At Company ABC we believe in motivating our employees. How can we motivate you on the job?
25. Have you ever helped to implement a significant company change, in one of your past roles?
26. What do you think might be the greatest challenges faced in this job? How will you overcome these challenges?
27. Would you rather be considered a personable leader or a dynamic leader?
28. What are your salary expectations?
29. What would you do if you were made aware of a co-worker being dishonest or stealing from the company?
30. What causes you to feel dissatisfied on the job?