Temple University School of Dentistry Dental School Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. What scholastic achievement are you most proud of so far?
2. How do you keep yourself from burning out on your heavy coursework?
3. What would you consider the most pressing concern facing dentistry?
4. When you become a dentist, how will you improve the profession?
5. How would you distinguish yourself from another dentistry student with the same qualifications?
6. What would you consider the most important quality a dentist should possess?
7. How do you like to spend your free time?
8. What would you like us to know about you that isn’t on your CV?
9. Why pursue a degree and career in the field of dentistry?
10. Are there any specialties in dentistry that you find of particular interest?
11. Is it currently your goal to own your own dental practice, and if so, why?
12. Is there a specific community or demographic you'd like to serve when you become a dentist?
13. We’re interested in investing in the development of students who are equally interested in developing themselves. What is your self-development plan?
14. How comfortable are you with handling blood and saliva? How far have you come?
15. Do you have any questions about Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry?
16. How do you feel about your interview performance so far?
17. What influenced your decision to apply to Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry?
18. What do you know about Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry?
19. Where does Temple University rank among the dental schools you’ve applied to?
20. Walk us through your approach to studying for exams.
21. Where can Temple University help you improve most while attending our School of Dentistry?
22. You're in a row boat, which is in a large tank of water. You have a heavy anchor in the boat, which you throw overboard. Does the water level in the tank rise or fall?
23. You are standing on the surface of the Earth. You walk one mile south, one mile west, and one mile north. You end up exactly where you started. Where are you?
24. What’s your plan B if you’re not accepted into Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry this year?
25. Which dentistry-related newspapers, journals, or publications do you follow to keep current on the happenings in your field?
26. What is your mindset concerning the statistically high suicide rate among dentists?
27. What technological advancements do you foresee influencing dentistry in the future?
28. How have pandemics impacted the profession of dentistry?
29. Elaborate on your current GPA.
30. Tell us about your academic performance so far, including where you’ve excelled and where could you improve.
31. How hard on yourself are you when you suffer an academic setback?
32. How do you react when you receive negative feedback or criticism on your work?
33. When you encounter academic roadblock, how do you react?
34. Share your experiences as a dentistry patient, along with any memorable dental work you’ve had done.
35. What was your DAT score, and how satisfied are you with that score?
36. Is there a figure in your life who has served as a mentor or figure of inspiration?
37. Do you feel like your family supports your decision to attend dental school?
38. What are you reading right now?
39. What’s your financial plan for tuition costs of Temple University and all other expenses associated with attending dental school?
40. Do you possess the manual dexterity required to be a skilled dentist? How do you plan to boost this dexterity during your dental training?