1. List the top 3 skills that you have acquired in your career.
2. We are moving quickly into second interviews. What is your availability like over the next few days?
3. At Tenneco we seek to hire individuals who have a keen interest in the automobile industry. What interests you most about what we do?
4. Tenneco is always looking to promote from within the company. Share with me why you might be a good candidate for advancement.
5. What experience do you have using team-based messaging?
6. The position that you have applied for requires a lot of repetitive motion and standing on your feet for long periods of time. Is there any issue that might prevent you from doing these activities?
7. Why do you believe you will have success at this position with Tenneco?
8. In this position at Tenneco, you will be required to wear a new uniform each day. Tell me about the appearance standards your previous position might have had.
9. While working this position, it will be necessary for you to be organized so that you can be as efficient as possible. What are some ways you bring organization to your work environment?
10. At Tenneco we put a lot of pride in our customer service. How do you go above and beyond for your clientele?
11. At Tenneco we encourage our employees to find ways to be socially responsible. What social causes are you currently involved in and why are they important to you?
12. Tenneco believes in motivating our team members. What motivates you?
13. At Tenneco, you will be required to submit to a background check. Are there any issues that might turn up and hinder your possibility of employment?
14. At Tenneco, we believe in a healthy work/life balance. Tell me some things that you like to do in your off time to help you divert from the stress of work.
15. Tenneco is one of the largest auto parts suppliers in the world. How familiar are you with what we do?
16. Walk me through your manufacturing experience.
17. The position at Tenneco will require an understanding of inventory controls. Tell me about any training you might have received in this area.
18. At Tenneco we like to provide additional training to our employees in order to allow them to get exposure to other areas. Tell me about the training you have received at your previous position.
19. In this position, you will be responsible for the work of several employees. Tell me about how you might motivate others on your team.
20. At Tenneco, we encourage our employees to find ways to be more efficient, or improve the processes we have. Tell me about a time when you helped make a change in your company for the better.
21. Tenneco prides itself in providing a safe environment for our employees to work in. Tell me about safety procedures that you may have been exposed to in your previous position.
22. At Tenneco, you will be required to produce a certain amount of units on a daily , monthly and yearly basis. Tell me about how you met your goals at your previous position.
23. Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or supervisor? Tell me how you resolved the matter and used it to better your work environment?
24. Tenneco wants to provide the safest environment it can. Tell me what you might do if you saw a co-worker taking shortcuts, or working in an unsafe manner.
25. At times, the machines on the line have to be shut down for repairs or maintenance. Tell me about some things you might do during down times.
26. Looking at your resume, I see multiple gaps between employment. What were you doing during those gaps?
27. At Tenneco, we offer our employees benefits, like medical, dental and even a 401 k - tell me about the types of benefits you receive in your present position.
28. This position requires a lot of strenuous activity, like lifting and working in the heat. Are there any medical issues that we should know about, which might hinder you from performing your duties.