Standard Bank Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. How long will it take you to make a meaningful contribution to our team at Standard Bank?
2. We're looking for team members who approach challenges with ease at Standard Bank. What do you see as one initial hurdle you will have to overcome in your first weeks on the job?
3. Do you have any questions about this job or working for Standard Bank?
4. Tell me about a time where you had to balance multiple responsibilities at the same time. How did you prioritize tasks?
5. Staying on the cutting edge of technology is a key component of our business model at Standard Bank. Describe how you use technology, personally and professionally, to build relationships.
6. We expect our team members at Standard Bank to have excellent interpersonal skills. Tell me about a time when your listening skills helped you solve a problem.
7. Exceptional logical reasoning skills are central to this role. Tell me about a time when you had to analyze information in order to make a recommendation.
8. Tell me about a time you faced uncertainty. How did you handle it?
9. We expect our team members to solve complex problems. Give me an example of a time when you had to solve a problem without having all of the necessary information at hand to do so. How did you handle that situation?
10. Talk to me about a challenging situation you had to handle on the job that involved another colleague. How did you handle that situation?
11. At Standard Bank, we're looking for team members who will respond proactively to unexpected economic changes. How do you react to setbacks in the market?
12. We are looking for the most motivated individuals to join the team here at Standard Bank. Where would you like your career to take you in the next five to ten years?
13. In this role, you will have to interact with clients about 50% of the time. Discuss how you approach explaining complex ideas to clients in simple terms.
14. You will sometimes be asked to contribute to or give presentations for this position. Do you have experience preparing and delivering presentations?
15. Analytical skills are critical to success in this role at Standard Bank. In which ways are you analytically-minded?
16. Clients can display an array of emotions within the financial services industry. How would you handle a situation in which a client was very angry?
17. If you were having an interaction with a client here at Standard Bank, and you weren't able to answer their question or solve their problem on your own, how would you handle that situation?
18. What is your greatest weakness as a banking professional?
19. What do you feel is the one quality that sets you apart from other candidates who have applied to this position?
20. We're looking for individuals with relevant academic and professional experience to fill this role. What are the top three skills you acquired in your last role?
21. Tell me what you know about Standard Bank.
22. For this role at Standard Bank, we're looking for someone who will fit into the existing team culture, which is quite hardworking and collaborative. How do you believe your coworkers would describe you?
23. What is your greatest strength as a banking professional?
24. We want our employees at Standard Bank to demonstrate strong leadership skills. How would you describe your management style?
25. For this position, you will be working closely with a small team and a manager on various tasks. Describe your ideal boss.
26. We're looking for team members who are motivated to contribute to our mission here at Standard Bank. Why do you want to work for us?
27. We offer competitive pay and benefits at Standard Bank. What are your salary expectations?
28. This position at Standard Bank requires a high degree of collaboration. If hired for this role, how would you handle stressed-out clients or team members?
29. We're looking for personable and well-connected individuals to join this team. How would you plan to build relationships with your team members at Standard Bank?
30. If hired for this role, what kind of team player could we expect you to be?
31. This role requires collaboration with Standard Bank partners in different countries and continents. Do you have any international work experience?
32. At Standard Bank we expect our team members to have a basic understanding of foundational risk management principles. How have you performed risk mitigation and risk avoidance in your previous roles?
33. In a client-facing role with Standard Bank, clients will expect you to be well-versed in market changes. How do you keep yourself up to speed on industry changes?
34. What do you see as the most pressing challenge within the banking industry currently?