1. Why are you the best person for this job?
2. What is the riskiest decision you have made? What was the situation? What happened?
3. Tell me about your experience in past jobs that required you to be especially alert to details while doing the task involved.
4. Describe a time where you had to work with a group of people to achieve a common goal?
5. Describe your three greatest accomplishments to date.
6. Tell me a specific instance when you found it necessary to be precise in order to complete the job.
7. How do you prioritize your work?
8. Give me a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a project.
9. How would your former employer describe you
10. What area of engineering do you find most challenging?
11. What engineering skills have you developed or improved upon during the past year?
12. How do you get a peer or colleague to accept one of your ideas?
13. What is your overall career objective? Do you see yourself working in engineering ten years from now? If not, what do you think you will be doing?
14. What new engineering specialty skills have you developed during the past year?
15. What made you choose a career as a structural engineer?
16. What is your secret to a successful career as a structural engineer?
17. Please describe the most technically interesting building in your city.
18. Describe a time when you used your engineering knowledge to solve a problem for which there appeared to be no answer.
19. What are your career goals?
20. What are you doing to keep current in technology?
21. Do you have experience working with building remodeling teams?
22. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
23. What was the last book you read for fun?
24. What structural engineering project, outside of anything you have worked on, are you most impressed with?
25. What did you like and dislike about your previous job?