1. Why are you the best person for this job?
2. What is the riskiest decision you have made? What was the situation? What happened?
3. Tell me about your experience in past jobs that required you to be especially alert to details while doing the task involved.
4. Describe a time where you had to work with a group of people to achieve a common goal?
5. Describe your three greatest accomplishments to date.
6. Tell me a specific instance when you found it necessary to be precise in order to complete the job.
7. Please describe the most technically interesting building in your city.
8. What is your overall career objective? Do you see yourself working in engineering ten years from now? If not, what do you think you will be doing?
9. What made you choose a career as a structural engineer?
10. What new engineering specialty skills have you developed during the past year?
11. What engineering skills have you developed or improved upon during the past year?
12. How do you get a peer or colleague to accept one of your ideas?
13. How would your former employer describe you
14. What is your secret to a successful career as a structural engineer?
15. What area of engineering do you find most challenging?
16. Describe a time when you used your engineering knowledge to solve a problem for which there appeared to be no answer.
17. What structural engineering project are you most proud of?
18. What are you doing to keep current in technology?
19. What are your career goals?
20. Give me a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a project.
21. What structural engineering project, outside of anything you have worked on, are you most impressed with?
22. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
23. What did you like and dislike about your previous job?
24. How do you decide what gets top priority when scheduling your time?
25. What was the last book you read for fun?