1. What applicable attributes do you have for this position?
2. Describe the project or situation which best demonstrates your analytical abilities. What was your role?
3. Describe a time when you were able to effectively communicate a difficult or unpleasant idea to a superior.
4. Do you have any plans for continued education?
5. Have you had any difficulties in the past with a supervisor?
6. Give me a specific example of a time when you were unable to complete a project on time.
7. Why are you the best candidate for us?
8. What will you not cover as a journalist, writer, or reporter?
9. Why should we hire you?
10. How do you market yourself?
11. Do you work well under pressure?
12. What was your most successful story?
13. Do you enjoy doing research?
14. Do you work better individually or on a team?
15. What is your greatest strength?
16. Tell me about an achievement of which you are proud.
17. Tell me about yourself.
18. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
19. Do you enjoy covering stories?
20. What are your career goals?
21. Are there any boundaries to your stories?
22. What are your salary expectations?
23. What do you look for when you hire staff?
24. Tell me about a difficult scenario at work and how you dealt with it.
25. What do you know about our media organization?