Palo Alto Networks Technical Support Engineer Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. The key components within a computer include the motherboard, CPU, and chipset. Can you discuss each of these, their function, and how they relate to each other?
2. What are some of the challenges do you expect to encounter in this IT support role here at Palo Alto Networks?
3. Can you discuss the differences between RAM and ROM?
4. What does it mean when you examine a device manager, and it contains a "˜?' sign?
5. On average, how long does it take for you to resolve an end-user service ticket?
6. What is the difference between an "˜A' record and an "˜MX record'?
7. Why was the Intel 8085 processor called an 8-bit processor?
8. What is an interrupt in the context of a computer system?
9. What are the tools that will be helpful to you in identifying the problems and solving them if hired by Palo Alto Networks?
10. During your career as a technical support engineer, what are some of your mistakes, and what did you learn from them?
11. The user contacts you and says that their Windows 10 has a blank screen, but they can see the cursor. This happens every time they log in. What would you recommend they do to fix this?
12. What would you recommend I do if my printer images are of poor quality or it leaves extra ink on the paper?
13. Can you describe the different types of firewalls you may find in a typical network topology?
14. What other causes would you consider if a user contacted you stating that they can't see the display on their system?
15. One of the issues we're struggling with here at Palo Alto Networks is overclocking our systems' CPUs. Do you use overclocking in the systems that you manage? If so, why?
16. In your own terms, can you describe the role of a Technical Support Engineer?
17. What is a gateway, and what is its role in a network topology?
18. Is it possible to manually edit the BOOT.INI file? If so, how do you do this?
19. Can you describe the BOOT.INI file in Microsoft Windows and discuss what it is used for?
20. Can you explain what the BIOS is and what function it performs in a computer system?
21. Here at Palo Alto Networks we use ghost imaging to replicate systems,. Do you use this, and if so, can you describe the process?
22. Can you discuss disk partitioning? Also, how many partitions can a hard drive have?
23. What is the function of cache memory?
24. A user tells you they need to access a file on a shared drive, but they are unable to. How would you resolve this?
25. Can you describe the differences between SDK and an API?
26. Can you discuss the pros and cons of using imaging software to duplicate disk drives?
27. Can you walk me through the steps you use to troubleshoot an issue?
28. What are some of the most common processors in the latest models of business computers?
29. In your opinion, what are some of the characteristics a Technical Support Engineer should possess?
30. Can you describe the specific duties a Technical Support Engineer performs?