Northern Trust Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. Do you have a personal or professional mission statement?
2. Have you ever broken a non-disclosure, privacy, or confidentiality agreement?
3. Would you cold call for a year if it meant you had a steady client list afterward?
4. What, in your opinion, is the biggest challenge facing the wealth management industry today?
5. How do you deal with client rejection or objections?
6. How would you build a relationship with an intimidating client?
7. Financial Advisors with Northern Trust who are active in their community see more success. Tell me about an organization or group outside of work with which you are involved.
8. Do you prefer to work independently or with partners?
9. Analytical skills are critical to success as a Financial Advisor. How are you analytically-minded?
10. Why do you want to work in wealth management, and where would you like your career to take you?
11. Do you have your Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation? If not, is this something you would like to achieve?
12. Wealth management is a broad term. How would you describe Northern Trust to someone unfamiliar with us?
13. How do you show potential clients that you are a trusted source for information on wealth management and other financial topics?
14. In an introductory client meeting, how do you initially assess a client's financial position?
15. How would you explain mutual funds to someone unfamiliar with the concept?
16. Northern Trust is client-centric. How do you keep things exciting while continually strengthening relationships with your clients?
17. How do you stay current on developments and trends in wealth management?
18. Walk me through your education and how it relates to a career in wealth management.
19. When you suffer a setback in your portfolio, how does that emotionally affect you?
20. How will your skills complement Northern Trust if hired?
21. What are your pay expectations for this role?
22. Do you have any questions about this job or working for Northern Trust?
23. What skills did you learn in your current role that will help you succeed at Northern Trust?
24. Do you have experience preparing and delivering presentations?
25. This role with Northern Trust is very independent. How do you prospect for new customers?
26. Many Northern Trust employees work as though they are independent business owners. Talk to me about what makes you entrepreneurial by nature.
27. Tell me about the systems and tools you lean on to do your job.
28. What factors do you believe impact the growth of the wealth management industry the most?
29. As a Financial Advisor, your compensation is tied directly to your productivity. How do you feel about working in a highly commissioned role?
30. As a wealth management professional, have you ever been asked to act unethically? If so, what did you do?