1. Tell me about a time when you demonstrated too much initiative?
2. What have you done to improve relations with your customers?
I have always made sure that they are happy and comfortable with the service they are receiving. If they are unhappy or not pleased, I have acted quickly to resolve the issue. I make sure I am always knowledgable, approachable and friendly.
3. What have you accomplished that shows your initiative and willingness to work?
4. Were you the best person in your unit at your last company?
5. Have you had any difficulties in the past with a supervisor?
6. What specific training did you have for your last position?
7. Do you work well under pressure?
8. As a chef, what kind of formal training have you had?
9. Tell me about the most recent problem you had with a co-worker and how you responded.
10. Do you know the history of our restaurant?
11. Tell me about the last time you had to work past your regular time and how did you handle this?
12. Can you work overtime, weekends, and holidays?
13. Give me an example of how you handled a complaint from a co-worker.
14. How do you organize yourself to be more efficient?
15. What kind of experience do you have in the food industry?
16. How would you go about making a customer feel welcome in our restaurant?
17. What position are you applying for?
18. Do you work well on a team?
19. What are your career goals?
20. How do you handle stressful situations?
21. Why are you the best person for our establishment?
22. You have an irate customer at the register, how would you handle this situation?
23. The restaurant is busy, youíre tired, short-handed and you havenít had a day off in six days. How does this affect your work and attitude?
24. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
25. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?