1. Tell me about a time when you demonstrated too much initiative?
2. What have you done to improve relations with your customers?
I have always made sure that they are happy and comfortable with the service they are receiving. If they are unhappy or not pleased, I have acted quickly to resolve the issue. I make sure I am always knowledgable, approachable and friendly.
3. What have you accomplished that shows your initiative and willingness to work?
4. Were you the best person in your unit at your last company?
5. Have you had any difficulties in the past with a supervisor?
6. What specific training did you have for your last position?
7. Do you pride yourself in being dependable? Can you tell me about it?
8. As a chef, what kind of formal training have you had?
9. Tell me about the most recent problem you had with a co-worker and how you responded.
10. How often do you trade shifts?
11. Can you work overtime, weekends, and holidays?
12. Your boss changes the special, as a cooker, what would you do?
13. What position are you applying for?
14. Do you work well on a team?
15. How do you handle stressful situations?
16. You have an irate customer at the register, how would you handle this situation?
17. Do you know the history of our restaurant?
18. The restaurant is busy, youíre tired, short-handed and you havenít had a day off in six days. How does this affect your work and attitude?
19. Why are you the best person for our establishment?
20. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
21. Do you work well under pressure?
22. How many hours can you stand on your feet without a break?
23. Why are you the best candidate for us?
24. You are cooking for dinner and the convection oven goes out, what would you do?
25. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?