Halifax UK Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. Tell me about your cash handling experience.
2. A key task in this role with Halifax UK is assessing an organization's weighted average cost of capital. Are you familiar with WACC calculations and when have you used them in the past if you are?
3. To get a sense of how you will handle internal auditing processes here at Halifax UK, what do you feel are important tasks to do once an audit is finished?
4. Talk about a time you had to handle failure at any point in your career. How did you handle that situation and move forward with confidence?
5. Talk about a time you had to communicate with a colleague or customer that was unhappy. What were the keys to making the situation better for all involved?
6. What do you want to accomplish at Halifax UK?
7. Here at Halifax UK, part of your job will entail talking to our customers about sensitive and confidential information. How will you handle these situations if offered this position?
8. If a customer at Halifax UK had increased savings as their main personal financial goal, what steps would you take with them to get them started down the right path?
9. The clients of a financial firm like Halifax UK can display an arrange of emotions when they work with our Client Services team. How would you handle a situation where a client was very angry?
10. What do you feel is one unique skill or trait that you could bring to the auditing team here at Halifax UK?
11. Why do you want to pursue a career in the banking industry?
12. Give me an example of how you keep track of details while engaging in conversation.
13. What experience do you have working on an advanced phone system and what skills do you have that you feel would be essential to work with our clients over the phone?
14. As a Personal Banker at Halifax UK, how would you select products to suggest to our customers?
15. In this role as a Risk Analyst with Halifax UK, you will be expected to be the expert on changes in financial regulations that impact our business. How do you keep yourself up to speed on these changes currently?
16. How do you build rapport with those that you work closely with?
17. If you were on the job here at Halifax UK and a customer came to you with a very odd request that you did not know the answer to or how to solve, how would you handle that situation?
18. How would you respond to a customer complaint?
19. How would you rate your comfort level receiving money and counting back many to our customers here at Halifax UK?
20. Have you ever operated a currency counting machine or a coin counter?
21. Tell me about a time when you demonstrated you were trustworthy.
22. Talk about a time where you felt overwhelmed by your job duties. What did you do to stay organized and on track with everything happening?
23. Tell me about your experience in the banking industry.
24. At Halifax UK, we are building a very team based culture. If hired for this position, what would you be able to contribute to this team based culture?
25. As a Personal Banker with Halifax UK, why is providing tailored customer service important? How would you make this a priority if hired for this role?
26. Our auditing process here at Halifax UK is very detailed. Can you walk me through your typical audit workflow in your current role?
27. How do you stay organized?