H&R Block Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. We value accountability at H&R Block. If a customer sent a formal complaint about an interaction with you, how would you handle it?
2. If you had to share difficult information with a client here at H&R Block, how would you approach that situation?
3. Have you ever had a time where you had to explain accounting processes or practices in layman's terms to someone? Why is the ability to do that important?
4. What kind of people do you enjoy working with?
5. At H&R Block, we often work with both small and large businesses on their tax preparation. What common deductions would you recommend for small businesses?
6. What tax preparation programs do you familiarity working on?
7. Due to the nature of H&R Block business and services we may ask that you complete a full background check. Are you willing to comply?
8. Working with our clients here at H&R Block often involves some initial conflict with our clients. How would you rate your ability to handle conflict or disagreements in the workplace?
9. Talk about a time you had to work with a very difficult person. What was the situation and how did you handle it?
10. As a consultant here at H&R Block, you will have the opportunity to work with many accounting departments on tax filing for their business. When called upon, how would you go about verifying the accuracy of an accounting department?
11. Rate your communication skills from 1-10 with proper examples backing your given rating.
12. How did you maintain a good relationship with your most recent boss?
13. Customer service is our top priority at H&R Block. What is your customer service philosophy?
14. What customer service skills would you be able to bring as a tax preparer for the clients here at H&R Block? Why is providing strong customer service important to you?
15. At H&R Block we have many local competitors. In your opinion, what makes us stand out from the crowd?
16. Would you say that you are a goal oriented person on the job? Why would you say that?
17. We have a wide range of services at H&R Block. Have you ever used any of our services?
18. During our busy season here at H&R Block, the demand of clients under tight deadlines can create a great deal of pressure on our team. How do you work effectively under high pressure situations?
19. In what ways would our clients here at H&R Block benefit from your knowledge and services?
20. If you are hired for this position here at H&R Block, what do you think the biggest hurdle for you would be from the start?
21. Talk about a time that you successfully educated another individual or group in your area of expertise. What made your educational experience effective?
22. A key component to success here at H&R Block is building solid relationships with new clients. How do you effectively get to know new people and lay the groundwork for a long lasting relationship?
23. To ensure you are qualified to work for H&R Block, do you have a preparer tax identification number (PTIN)?
24. Which accounting platforms are you familiar working with?
25. At H&R Block, our clients look to us to help find new and creative ways to save tax dollars. Have you ever had a unique situation where you helped an organization save tax dollars through your work and insight?