Grant Thornton Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. Being successful in the consulting industry requires adaptability and the ability to learn a business fast. What would be your approach to help you learn the ins and outs of a new client?
2. What steps would you take in creating a new audit process for a client here at Grant Thornton?
3. As we work with clients on assessing potentials mergers and/or acquisition, valuation is an important skills to possess. How would you go about placing a value on an organization for a client?
4. Change management is an important aspect of consulting our clients here at Grant Thornton. Have you participated in a change management process during your career?
5. An often difficult part about working for Grant Thornton and our clients is the need to be fluent and adaptable to the cultures of our clients. Why would you say that you'd be able to handle this aspect of the job with ease?
6. If you are hired for this position here at Grant Thornton, what do you think the biggest hurdle for you would be from the start?
7. Give an example of a time you used data in analyzing risk for an organization. Did you utilize any tools in this process?
8. Many organizations overlook some areas of their business that can benefit from a digital transformation. What is an overlooked area where you've seen a digital transformation make a huge impact during your career?
9. As a consultant here at Grant Thornton, helping our clients set growth strategies through both short-term and long-term goals is important. Give an example of a time that you set both short and long-term goals for a growth strategy.
10. With some of our clients here at Grant Thornton being hesitant to run an internal audit, what points would you use to sell them on the importance of conducting an internal audit?
11. What interests you in joining the business consulting world here at Grant Thornton?
12. As a consultant here at Grant Thornton, you will have the opportunity to work with many accounting departments on tax filing for their business. When called upon, how would you go about verifying the accuracy of an accounting department?
13. A key component to success here at Grant Thornton is building solid relationships with new clients. How do you effectively get to know new people and lay the groundwork for a long lasting relationship?
14. How do you feel that your education and career to this point has prepared you to work in the international tax realm here at Grant Thornton?
15. Outside of work, what type of creative activities do you like to pursue?
16. Rate your communication skills from 1-10 with proper examples backing your given rating.
17. We value diversity at Grant Thornton. When have you worked amongst a diverse group of people?
18. In the organizational design work that you have done in the past, how have you involved senior leadership with the organization's that you've worked with?
19. Sometimes with our clients here at Grant Thornton, we have to think outside the box when helping them develop a strategic plan. Do you have an example of a time where you thought outside of the box in developing a strategic plan?
20. Grant Thornton values philanthropy and community giving. How do you choose to give back to others?
21. What positive impact have you seen digital transformation have on the customer service experience for an organization. Why is this aspect important for the clients here at Grant Thornton to consider?
22. Talk about a time you had to use conflict resolution skills in a business setting. What was the situation and the outcome and how did you positively influence that outcome?
23. At Grant Thornton, our clients look to us to help find new and creative ways to save tax dollars. Have you ever had a unique situation where you helped an organization save tax dollars through your work and insight?
24. Being successful in consulting and working here at Grant Thornton requires the ability to work effectively with Type A personalities. What are your experiences in working with this personality and how did you make the relationships a success?
25. Would you say that you are a goal oriented person on the job? Why would you say that?
26. Talk about a success story that you have in implementing an organization design change with an organization. How will your skills used here benefit the clients of Grant Thornton?
27. Our clients here at Grant Thornton rely on our experts to help find new and unique sources of business funding. How would you be able to assist our clients with their funding needs?
28. In what ways would our clients here at Grant Thornton benefit from your knowledge and services?