Google Software Engineer Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. Google is very proud of our products and the people who develop them. In your opinion, what distinguishes a great software engineer from an average one?
2. Here at Google, we value work life balance and initiative. What personal software development projects have you worked on outside of work?
3. If hired by Google, can you estimate what portion of your day will involve coding and other activities you will perform when not coding?
4. How do you go about organizing CSS files, and why do you prefer this approach?
6. How would you implement Dijkstra's Shortest Path using a programming language with which you are familiar?
7. Walk me through the steps to build a single page application with multiple sections using the programming framework in which you typically work.
8. What process do you use to test and find bugs in an application you've developed?
9. Which do you prefer - a micro-service approach or a monolithic app?
10. How do you go about addressing errors in your code?
11. Describe the process you use to create a program, from requirements definition to delivery.
12. Walk me through your process for designing scalable applications.
13. Can you describe a tough software development problem you encountered in your last job and discuss how you solved it?
14. How would you accelerate the response time of a website you created for us here at Google?
15. Can you define black box testing and white box testing and discuss the differences between them?
16. What are some of the programming languages you are familiar with, and which ones do you prefer?
17. How would you go about explaining Google's cloud computing environment to someone who doesn't have a technical background?
18. Google web developers are incorporating HTML5 in their most recent websites. Can you describe the functions of web workers in HTML5?
19. What are the differences between blocking and non-blocking calls in the context of Node.js?
20. What are the differences between an array and a stack?
21. Please describe a stack and the two operations it performs.
22. Please describe responsive design and the difference between fixed and fluid layouts.
23. Here at Google, we have embraced Agile methodology. How experienced are you with the Agile software development process?
24. Can you describe Google's software development life cycle as you understand it?
25. What do you feel are the critical principles of good software engineering?
26. What do you look for or check when reviewing another team member's code?