Avnet Inc. Interview Questions Go Back
1. At Avnet our equipment standards are highly regulated. Do you consider yourself meticulous and detail-oriented?
2. We put the safety of our employees first at Avnet which includes extensive safety training for our new hires. Walk me through your current safety training and safety related education.
3. At Avnet we offer a range of equipment and services. How familiar are you with our business?
4. The electrical equipment industry is vast. What area do you consider your specialty and why will your specialty help us at Avnet?
5. We have a few local competitors at Avnet. In your opinion, what makes us stand out from the rest?
6. We have a variety of career paths available at Avnet. What kind of growth would you like to see here?
7. Do you have any post-secondary education directly related to what we do here at Avnet?
8. At Avnet we put a lot of emphasis on product knowledge. List the equipment you have the most exposure to and strongest knowledge of.
9. At Avnet we like to hire those who are natural leaders. When have you taken on a leadership task in the workplace without being asked?
10. At Avnet we strive to be the best in our industry. What do you think we could improve on?
11. Tell me about a project you completed recently that was ahead of schedule.
12. When have you had to adapt your workload due to increasing demand from your supervisors?
13. Tell me about a time when you had to analyze information and make a recommendation.
14. Have you progressed in your career as you have expected?
15. Why are you the best candidate for us?
16. How would you describe your written communication skills?
17. Considering your background is in an industry different from ours, what skills and characteristics do you have that qualify you for this position in the electrical equipment industry?
18. How did your job change over the years you worked there?
19. Outside of work, what type of creative activities do you like to pursue?
20. How many days were you absent from work last year?
21. Do you have experience in corrective discipline and terminations?
22. Have you ever been advised by a fellow employee or supervisor to lie about a situation? How did you handle this ethical dilemma?
23. What kind of people do you enjoy working with?
24. What do you see as the most difficult task in being a manager?
25. What is your personal mission statement?
26. When change occurs in the workplace, it can create new problems. Do you see these as an inconvenience or as opportunities to learn?
27. Is compensation the most important factor for you when taking a new job?
28. What are your salary expectations?
29. Tell me about a time you handled an incredibly difficult client. How did you come to a resolution with this person?
30. Are you applying for any other jobs?
31. Tell me about one of the most rewarding experiences you had working on a team.
32. If you were the successful candidate, how much notice would you require to give your current employer?
33. What is your greatest weakness?