Top 30 Applied Optoelectronics Interview Questions
List of Applied Optoelectronics Interview Questions
- At Applied Optoelectronics we want to hire those with at least a basic understanding of semiconductors. Why are some semiconductors made of silicon?
- Applied Optoelectronics uses some well-known software programs. Which automation software solutions you are accustomed to using?
- Explain Statistical Process Control (SPC) to me.
- We want to ensure that Applied Optoelectronics has the best inventory over our competitors. Have you ever made a suggestion on a product line or item?
- Do you have any formal education or training in the semiconductor field? How does that training relate to what we do at Applied Optoelectronics?
- We strive to be the best in our industry. What do you think Applied Optoelectronics could improve on?
- At Applied Optoelectronics we like to hire those who are natural leaders. When have you taken on a leadership task in the workplace without being asked?
- The product standards at Applied Optoelectronics are highly regulated. Do you consider yourself meticulous and detail-oriented?
- We try to hire people who want to stay with Applied Optoelectronics long term. What are your long term career plans and how do we fit into your plans?
- What is the biggest difference between Intrinsic and Extrinsic semiconductors?
- Time management is the key to productivity at Applied Optoelectronics. How do you manage your time?
- If Applied Optoelectronics offered you the position, when would you be available to start?
- How have you had to adapt your work style to fit the team's objectives?
- We value strong tenure at Applied Optoelectronics. Why were you fired or let go from your last job?
- Tell me about a time that you were asked to collaborate on a project with a colleague whom you did not necessarily see eye-to-eye with. How did you ensure that you got along well and met your deadline?
- What is your current salary?
- Sometimes we come across unique problems at Applied Optoelectronics. What makes you a great problem solver?
- What is your definition of hard work?
- We want to hire motivated leaders at Applied Optoelectronics. What do you find to be the most difficult aspect of leading your current team?
- It is important to us that Applied Optoelectronics maintains a healthy and collaborative work environment. What kind of people do you enjoy working with?
- Do you think honesty is always the best policy?
- We are asking for 8 years of industry experience and you have just 5. Why do you think you are qualified for this position with Applied Optoelectronics?
- What do you think you will like about this role with Applied Optoelectronics?
- Give me an example of a time when you had to be extra diligent in order to meet a deadline.
- When have you used an inventive method to stretch company resources beyond the normal level?
- What skills did you learn in your last position that will help you in this new role with Applied Optoelectronics?
- What type of work environment do you dislike working in?
- Tell me about an error or mistake you made because of a breakdown in communication from you or one of your team members.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Tell me your favorite, and least favorite, aspects of your current or most recent position.
Applied Optoelectronics Information
Applied Optoelectronics is headquartered in Sugar Land, TX. The company has been in operation since 1997. Applied Optoelectronics is a publicly traded company, trading under the symbol AAOI. Read about the company culture, corporate mission, and discover any job openings at Applied Optoelectronics, by visiting their Career Page. If you need help finding more information about Applied Optoelectronics, visit their Website.
Applied Optoelectronics User Submitted Interview Answers
"You mention in your job posting that you are looking for someone with experience in Software ABC. I have worked with Software XYZ which is very similar. The functions are essentially the same and since I am an expert level user in XYZ. I am confident that I will be a fast learner when it comes to ABC and your other internal programs."
There are many automation software solution options. Some are for the masses and other organizations may have proprietary software. When asked about your exposure to these types of programs it is important to remember that most of them function the same because the desired outcome is always similar. If you know one, you should be able to more easily understand another. Avoid focusing on what you don't know and focus on what you DO know. Assure the interviewer that you can learn their system quickly.
More professional answers available after the upgrade
"I made a recommendation last month that we try a new line of parts after one of our particular vendors shorted us on inventory. The vendor that I suggested was newer to the industry but their customer service was impressive and their pricing was more competitive. We gave them a shot and it worked out really well for us, resulting in cost savings, a better product, and happier customers."
An engaged employee will notice when changes are required. They make recommendations and suggestions they feel will benefit the organization. Have you ever taken the lead by making a recommendation to your employer? Talk to the interviewer about a time when you made a suggestion in the workplace.
More professional answers available after the upgrade