Ameriprise Financial Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. Ameriprise Financial is client-centric. How do you continually strengthen relationships with your exciting client base?
2. Wealth management is an all encompassing term. How would you explain what we do at Ameriprise Financial to someone unfamiliar with our company?
3. As a wealth management professional, have you ever been asked to act unethically? If so, what did you do?
4. In an initial client meeting, how do you first assess a client's financial position?
5. How do you stay current on developments and trends in wealth management?
6. Walk me through your education and how it relates to a career in wealth management.
7. How would you explain mutual funds to someone unfamiliar with the concept?
8. This role with Ameriprise Financial is very independent. How do you prospect for new customers?
9. Tell me about the systems and tools that you lean on to do your job.
10. Do you prefer to work independently, or with partners?
11. Do you have your Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation? If not, is this something you would like to achieve?
12. As a Financial Advisor, your compensation is tied directly to your productivity. How do you feel about working in a highly commissioned role?
13. Analytical skills are critical to success as a Financial Advisor. In which ways are you analytically minded?
14. How do you show potential clients that you are a trusted source for information on wealth management and other financial topics?
15. Which factors do you believe most impact the growth of the wealth management industry?
16. Financial Advisors with Ameriprise Financial who are active in their community see more success. Tell me about an organization or group outside of work with which you are involved.
17. Many Ameriprise Financial employees work as though they are independent business owners. Talk to me about what makes your entrepreneurial by nature.
18. When you suffer a setback in your portfolio, how does that emotionally affect you?
19. How would you build a relationship with a client with an intimidating nature?
20. Why do you want to work in wealth management, and where would you like your career to take you?
21. Do you have experience preparing and delivering presentations?
22. How will your skills complement Ameriprise Financial, if hired?
23. What skills did you learn in your current role that will help you succeed at Ameriprise Financial?
24. How do you deal with client rejection or objections?
25. Name for me what you believe to be the biggest challenge facing the wealth management industry today.
26. Would you cold call for a year if it meant you had a steady client list afterward?
27. Have you ever broken a non-disclosure, privacy, or confidentiality agreement?
28. Do you have a personal or professional mission statement?
29. Do you have any questions about this job, or working for Ameriprise Financial?
30. What are your pay expectations for this role?