Top 30 American Water Interview Questions
List of American Water Interview Questions
- The utilities industry is highly regulated. How do you stay on top of policy changes and trends related to our business?
- Our industry is highly competitive. In your opinion, what are we doing right at American Water? What could we be doing better?
- Have you personally used the services of American Water? If so, what was your overall experience?
- American Water has many different departments and growth opportunities. Where would you like to see your career go with us in the next couple of years?
- Why do you want to work for American Water?
- What are your greatest strengths? How will these skills benefit American Water, if hired?
- At American Water we believe in continued education opportunities. What course or workshop would you take, if given the opportunity?
- Why do you want to pursue a career opportunity in the utilities industry?
- Tell me about the most important skill you have gained in the past year. How will that skill help you succeed in this role with American Water?
- If we hire you at American Water, how will you make an impact in the first 90 days?
- Sometimes our customers do not understand their bill and they will reach us with questions. Tell me about your communication skills and how you would respond to an irate customer.
- Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond.
- Have you progressed in your career as you have expected?
- Describe your leadership skills.
- Would you be willing to work over 40 hours a week?
- Would you say you are a better verbal or written communicator?
- Looking at your resume, it seems there are certain skills necessary for this position that do not stand out. How do you think you will be able to compensate for these missing skills?
- How do you manage a large workload?
- How do you determine priorities when you have multiple projects due?
- How do you handle stress?
- Do you have experience in corrective discipline and terminations?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, how honest are you?
- How can we motivate you on the job?
- How do you respond to feedback?
- How do you successfully motivate your team?
- Do you have reliable transportation?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your salary expectations?
- What is the most competitive work situation you have experienced? How did you handle it? What was the result?
- How has your education prepared you for your career?
American Water Information
American Water is headquartered in Voorhees, New Jersey, United States. The company has been in operation since 1886 and has yearly revenues of 2.9 Billion with approximately 6,600 employees. American Water is a publicly traded company, trading under the symbol AWK. Follow American Water on Twitter at @amwater. Read about the company culture, corporate mission, and discover any job openings at American Water, by visiting their Career Page. If you need help finding more information about American Water, visit their Website.
American Water User Submitted Interview Answers