Amazon Solutions Architect Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. Do you subscribe to the theory of 'Fail Early and Fail Forward?'
2. How would you describe Amazon Web Services (AWS) to someone outside of Amazon's IT organization?
3. Can you describe a creative solution to a challenging problem you developed in your role as a solutions architect?
4. What is meant by the Single Responsibility Principle, and how do you use this in your work?
5. Can you explain CAP Theorem?
6. Please talk about a time when you analyzed a difficult problem and came up with an innovative solution.
7. What do you believe your role is concerning supporting Amazon's functional analysts?
8. Can you describe a key project you recently led as a solutions architect?
9. What is your strategy for securing the IT assets and intellectual property of an organization?
10. How do you ensure that the software you develop will scale?
11. How do you define high availability, and what are some steps you take to ensure this?
12. When would you use a NoSQL database, and when would using a relational database be better?
13. What are monolithic, SOA and microservices architectures, and how do they differ from one another?
14. Can you describe some of the differences between concurrency and parallelism?
15. Please discuss the concept of elasticity as used in your role as a solutions architect and how it contrasts with scalability.
16. Do you prefer to create programs aligned with interfaces or implementations, and why?
17. What does system resiliency refer to, and how would you achieve this here at Amazon?
18. Can you define the acronym SOLID and discuss its key principles?
19. How are DRY and DIE principles used in software engineering?
20. Are there any issues with employing sticky sessions in your systems architecture?
21. What is meant by "Session Affinity," and how does this relate to the concept of sticky session load balancing?
22. What are the differences between a binary and mutex semaphore?
23. What are some of the steps you recommend to protect Amazon from a 'DOS' attack?
24. How is the term deadlock used in your role as a solutions architect?
25. What does the acronym ACID stand for?
26. What are the benefits of clustering?
27. Please explain domain-driven design.
28. What is a lower latency interaction, and why is it desirable in an application?
29. What are the advantages of using a NoSQL database instead of an RDBMS?
30. Please discuss some of the differences between asynchronous and parallel programming?