Amazon Business Analyst Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. When planning, how often do you create alternative scenarios to help you adjust to changing situations?
2. How do you react when you are dissatisfied with the quality of your work or the outcome of a project?
3. How would you ultimately describe your work style, and do you believe its compatible with Amazon's culture?
4. Amazon values decisiveness and encourages our employees to use a variety of decision making systems. Which decision-making technique do you deploy most often?
5. As a business analyst, when do you consider a project successful and complete?
6. How do you determine the difference between a risk and an issue?
7. Which career development goals have you set for yourself this year?
8. Amazon values transparent and timely communication, both internally and with our partners and customers. How do you show your clients the importance of communication during a project?
9. What does the acronym PEST stand for, and have you ever used it?
10. Amazon is a Six Sigma organization. Are you Six Sigma certified? Why is Six Sigma important to you, as a business analyst?
11. What key strengths should a business analyst possess, and how do these apply to our work here at Amazon?
12. Name two important types of charts or diagrams a business analyst would use. Why are these important?
13. How often do you discuss work with your colleagues to think up new systems and styles of working?
14. Are you currently interviewing with any of Amazon's competitors?
15. How would you rate your performance in this interview so far?
16. Tell me more about your degree and the business analysis field in which you are most interested.
17. What are your thoughts on Agile software development? Do you encourage Agile methodologies with your clients?
18. Describe Kano Analysis and why it is important.
19. What are the various SDLC models?
20. What does the acronym INVEST mean to technical teams and project managers?
21. What is benchmarking, and why is it important?
22. Talk to me about your specific technical skills as a business analyst.
23. Tell me about your involvement in systems development life cycle and user acceptance testing.
24. Have you ever broken a confidentiality agreement?
25. What are your thoughts on Agile software development? Do you encourage Agile methodologies with your clients?
26. Here at Amazon, we use a variety of data modeling tools. Which data modeling software do you prefer to use?
27. Is compensation the most critical factor for you when considering taking job here at Amazon?
28. Cross-organizational collaboration is important here at Amazon. Tell me about your experience working with teams from various departments of the organization.
29. How would you deal with conflict on your team if hired by Amazon?