Top 30 Advanced Micro Devices Interview Questions
List of Advanced Micro Devices Interview Questions
- At Advanced Micro Devices we want to hire those with at least a basic understanding of semiconductors. Why are some semiconductors made of silicon?
- Advanced Micro Devices uses some well-known software programs. Which automation software solutions you are accustomed to using?
- Explain Statistical Process Control (SPC) to me.
- We want to ensure that Advanced Micro Devices has the best inventory over our competitors. Have you ever made a suggestion on a product line or item?
- Do you have any formal education or training in the semiconductor field? How does that training relate to what we do at Advanced Micro Devices?
- We strive to be the best in our industry. What do you think Advanced Micro Devices could improve on?
- At Advanced Micro Devices we like to hire those who are natural leaders. When have you taken on a leadership task in the workplace without being asked?
- The product standards at Advanced Micro Devices are highly regulated. Do you consider yourself meticulous and detail-oriented?
- We try to hire people who want to stay with Advanced Micro Devices long term. What are your long term career plans and how do we fit into your plans?
- What is the biggest difference between Intrinsic and Extrinsic semiconductors?
- Time management is the key to productivity at Advanced Micro Devices. How do you manage your time?
- If Advanced Micro Devices offered you the position, when would you be available to start?
- How have you had to adapt your work style to fit the team's objectives?
- We value strong tenure at Advanced Micro Devices. Why were you fired or let go from your last job?
- Tell me about a time that you were asked to collaborate on a project with a colleague whom you did not necessarily see eye-to-eye with. How did you ensure that you got along well and met your deadline?
- What is your current salary?
- Sometimes we come across unique problems at Advanced Micro Devices. What makes you a great problem solver?
- What is your definition of hard work?
- We want to hire motivated leaders at Advanced Micro Devices. What do you find to be the most difficult aspect of leading your current team?
- It is important to us that Advanced Micro Devices maintains a healthy and collaborative work environment. What kind of people do you enjoy working with?
- Do you think honesty is always the best policy?
- We are asking for 8 years of industry experience and you have just 5. Why do you think you are qualified for this position with Advanced Micro Devices?
- What do you think you will like about this role with Advanced Micro Devices?
- Give me an example of a time when you had to be extra diligent in order to meet a deadline.
- When have you used an inventive method to stretch company resources beyond the normal level?
- What skills did you learn in your last position that will help you in this new role with Advanced Micro Devices?
- What type of work environment do you dislike working in?
- Tell me about an error or mistake you made because of a breakdown in communication from you or one of your team members.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Tell me your favorite, and least favorite, aspects of your current or most recent position.
Advanced Micro Devices Information
Advanced Micro Devices is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, United States. The company has been in operation since 1969 and has yearly revenues of 5.3 Billion with approximately 10,671 employees. Advanced Micro Devices is a publicly traded company, trading under the symbol AMD. Read about the company culture, corporate mission, and discover any job openings at Advanced Micro Devices, by visiting their Career Page. If you need help finding more information about Advanced Micro Devices, visit their Website.
Advanced Micro Devices User Submitted Interview Answers