Travel Agent Interview Questions and Answers
1. If you only had one place you could visit for the rest of your life, where would it be?
would try and climb mount everest to be able to look down and see the world from there
Of course. I believe commission is such a great tool in motivating staff to really go out of their comfort zone and reach their potential. It's such an effective way of reaping rewards from hard work.
I like to vist Telavive and Jeruslem.
It would be Egypt because the culture is rich with diversity and the history interests me greatly because I was a ancient history major.
2. What are your favorite traveling destinations?
My favorite destination are palwan, cebu, ilocos and baguio.
I enjoyed exploring Singapore, although id love to visit Europe, Greek Islands in the near future.
Well my favourite travelling destination is Kilimanjaro.
My favorite travel destination is Europe France and Italy.
3. What place do you love to recommend to clients?
Well, when I worked as a travel agent in Spain, I recomended the place that depends of their likes and preferences, but I always recommended a lot of times to visit this city, London. I was 7 seven years ago and continues being lovely.
It would depend on what they tell me they like to do, after a few open ended questions I would give them a recommendation based on many factors including, previous travel experience, current travel desires, activity level, food requests, and budget.
I would love to recomend to clients places i have visited as that will make the customer confident and at ease when traveling there.
I will recomend them to go in the philippines , especially at palawan .. Of course palawan is the number one tourist destination as they declares :)
Firstly I would like to get to know the client so as to be able to recommend something suitable. I have a wealth of knowledge in a range of areas so whatever the person's taste, I can assist them. For example, if live music in charming surrounds appeals to them, I could only suggest Covent Garden, London. Cobbled streets and live busking is a beautiful experience- and hopping into one of the trendy cocktail bars or restaurants wouldn't hurt!
disney world MIAMI FLORIDA
4. In this business we work on commission, are you okay with this?
Yes im okay with that, being a travel agent it is very challenging to work under pressure ang commission based so that the employee will continue to work hard and always fin new ways to adopt to any situation that may come.
Yes, I`m okey with this. It's very motivate for my and I like to work with something of pressure.
It is ok with me as it encourages me to be the best travel consultant i can be at reaching my sales targets.
Commision based salary is ok with me as it pushes me to be the best travel consultant i an be to reach our sales targets.
ya..I am sure about this... commision is the important one in travel agent company.
Yes Absolutely, a commission based gives one the opportunity to reach and break through targets, hence very satisfying financial rewards.
Yes...as the business is running on comission am okay with it.
5. What advertising and promotions do you use to promote your name?
What advertising and promotions do you use to promote your name?
word of mouth website newspapers college campus radio tv
Direct mail; Word of mouth, get involved with community events.
Do u have any working knowledge with tour operators and airline products.
6. What sales experience do you have?
I have been never into sales.
Work as leisure agent in established travel agencies and more recently work as outside sales agent.
I sell exceptionally well.
Ive had over 20 years experience in the retail industry and i believe i have gained the knowledge and the understanding of how to be the best travel consultant there is to be.
I will try my best for travel.
7. Tell me about the last itinerary tour package which you planned, described, arranged, and/or sold.
8. What do you like least about being a Travel Agent?
9. What do you like most about being a Travel Agent?
10. What are your career goals as a Travel Agent?
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
12. Why did you choose to pursue a career as a Travel Agent?
13. Tell me how you organize, plan, and prioritize your work.
14. Share an experience you had in dealing with a difficult person and how you handled the situation.
15. How would others describe you?
16. Do you have any previous experience as a Travel Agent?
17. Why should we consider you for this position?
18. Are you a detail oriented person? Give an example that demonstrates your attention to details.
19. How are your communication skills?
20. What is the most rewarding part of being a Travel Agent?
21. How do you handle difficult customers?
22. What is the most difficult part of being a Travel Agent?
23. What are your 3 greatest weaknesses?
24. What are your 3 greatest strengths?
25. Provide an example when your ethics were tested.