The senior accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Description Source: bls.gov/ooh/Business-and-Fi...
1. What qualifies you for this position?
2. Tell me about your experience in this industry.
I have over 7 years of progressive experience in this industry.
I have 7 years of progressive experience in this industry. I started as a staff accountant and I am currently a senior financial reporting accountant.
3. Take me through your latest budget preparation.
First, I updated all the budget assumptions through collaborative meetings with various departments. Next, we reviewed any bottlenecks and determined what affects they may have as well as any potential step costs. Once this part was complete we obtained the sales forecast for the budget period and obtained the capital budgets from the plants. Lastly, I updated the budget model and reviewed the budget with senior management.
4. What do you know about our company?
Inovative and forward thinking business model concurrent with assisting companies obtain and retain customers.
the company engaged to sold the car
Yes,your company provide service in india of software.
what i know
5. Describe to me what qualifications you feel a person applying for this position will need to have the most success?
What is the journal entry of credit note?
6. Why are you the best candidate for us?
7. Tell me about a time you handled a complex financial project with a tight deadline that required precise data collection and analysis.
8. How have you monitored the performance of your team?
9. Describe the systems you have in place for keeping track of assignments given to staff members.
10. What are your career goals?
Good team player, co-ordinate with co-workers, problem solving ability.
11. Why should we hire you?
12. What do you know about our company?
13. Why did you choose to pursue a career as a Senior Accountant?
14. If hired, how do you intend on making a difference with our company?
15. Give me an example where you used your skills to bring down the costs of the company.
16. Tell me about the latest changes in tax laws.
17. Do you work well on a team? How do you define teamwork?
18. How do you prioritize your work when you have multiple deadlines to meet?
19. How do you stay organized an an Accountant?
20. How have you monitored the regulations that affect your accounting position?
21. How do you control errors in your work?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself preparing for and passing the CPA exam, as well as developing my professional skills.
23. Do you work well under pressure?
24. How do you handle stressful situations?
25. What has been the most significant decision you made at work this year?
Most accountants and auditors need at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field. Certification within a specific field of accounting improves job prospects. For example, many accountants become Certified Public Accountants (CPAs).
Most accountants and auditors work in offices, although some work from home. The work tends to be fast-paced and can be stressful. Although they complete much of their work alone, they sometimes work in teams with other accountants and auditors. Accountants and auditors may travel to their clients’ places of business.