Receptionist Interview Questions and Answers
1. How do you prioritize when you have three phone calls on hold, and a customer waiting in front of your desk?
2. Tell me what working habits you have that set you apart from everyone else? An example, Do you always label documents with colored markings?
working with computer keeps me busy for the whole day,
I can work also to communication at perfect multi-tasking. Answer the phone calls. Entertain do some question's and answer client o customer. and I can do what makes as a receptionist. Yes I cant organize some documents and files.
3. What are you trying to accomplish when answering the phone?
To provide a friendly and courteous voice on the end of the phone and effectivley answer the call or forward to the appropriate personnel.
4. What office skills do you currently possess?
Friendly,tecnologically savvy,good communication skills.
None but I am a quick learner and prepared for hard work.
5. Give me an example of when you pleased a customer very much?
When i was working at a call center.
6. Give me three reasons why you would be the best fit for the job?
i have good communication skill,previous experince as a receptionist . iam friendly and computer lerate
I believe i am the best fit for this position because i possess all the necesarry skills that will enable excel in this area. I have the ability work within timelines. I have excellent communication skills (verbal and written). I am trustworthy and possess a "Can-Do" spirit. I am also a good team player.
7. After three months on the job, where do you see your performance being?
8. Describe a situation when you had an angry customer contact you?
9. Are you proficient in Microsoft Office?
No this is my first time to work for this company.
Yes..i am.. i have worked four years with computers.
10. What experiences do you have as a receptionist?
As a receptionist,i have to be social,friendly and approachable.i need to make customers/clients more comfortable.
11. Do you tend to give into customer complaints?
12. Have you ever called off work when you really could have went?
13. Have you ever been yelled at by a customer before? How did you handle the situation?
14. At our office, the receptionist job is more than just handling phone calls, what have you done outside of that job description at your other receptionist position?
15. Receptionist is not the most exciting job, how would you make it fun?
I love being a receptionist it fun to me.
16. Did you miss any days at work last year?
Only when i was really sick or had an emergency.
17. Are you an organized person? Give me an example that demonstrates this.
18. Give me an example of when you made a customer really unhappy?
19. What in the past demonstrates your ability to handle this position?
20. What did you like most about your previous receptionist position?
21. Do you mind working late hours during busy seasons at our office?
22. Would you consider yourself a friendly person?
23. Do you enjoy socializing with customers?
24. Have you ever been in a stressful situation at work? How did you handle it?
25. Tell me about your last job. How does it relate to working for my office as a receptionist?