1. To be able to help improve a child's life. To work in a field that you can never truly know half of what there is to learn. To have the opportunity to always learn a new facet to treatment.
2. An occupational therapist has many pros, in which they can feel as sense of fulfillment after treating and seeing a patient's recovery. Additionally, occupational therapists jobs can be much more creative than other healthcare professions. Lastly, occupational therapists can branch out into many different fields which suits the individual's interests such geriatrics, pediatrics, hand therapy, and even vision therapy.
3. Enabling a client or patient to re-engage in activities they did prior to injury or illess.
4. Satisfaction, rewards, every day is different.
5. I think I will gain a lot of new experiences and see a wide range of different people and situations. I BELIEVE I WILL LEarn alot from this job.
1. I do not think there are any Cons of being an OT, I feel that the profession is under rated and should be more widely recognised.
2. There are no cons. Occupational Therapy is a diversified field. There are many areas to specialize in and with the motivation to help people makes the difference.
3. It can be emotionally draining.
4. In some settings you have to strictly follow what (for example Medicare) the insurance companies pay for. It's hard to be as client centered when these companies wont reimburse you for those occupations clients want to work on.
5. Limited paper work time and productivity requirements that minimize time with patients.
6. Limited paperwork time and productivity requirements that limit time with patients.
7. I think one of the biggest cons to our profession is the constant change in the health care system.
8. Paerwork and not enoughtimeseeing patients.
9. I think that the Cons for me is working with a patient for a certain amount of time and not seeing them progress or they die due to illness or age.
10. I understand it will be a busy environment with time pressures but I believe I can handle time pressure well.