Clergy Interview Questions and Answers
1. Do you enjoy giving bible study?
2. What classes have you created that had a positive response?
3. Tell me about a time when you helped an individual more than you previously had expected?
I helped a friend who moved here to escape an abusive husband. She invited her husband to join her, and I had to help her with their rocky relationship. Eventually she stop contacting me.
4. If you had more time to serve, what activity or duty would you choose?
5. Tell me about the best sermon you have given?
6. Do you have any activities for senior citizens planned?
7. Would you like your church to be involved in church softball leagues, basketball leagues, volleyball leagues, etc?
8. How long do you prefer your sermons to go?
9. What was your most inspirational sermon?
10. Tell me about the most difficult experience dealing with an individual and how you overcame it to help this individual?
11. How do you get youth involved in your church?
Get to know them.
12. How many hours do you believe it requires to be a clergy person?
13. Tell me about a time when you failed to help an individual, what happened?
14. Tell me your number one reason for being a clergy person?
15. Our church is declining in attendance, what efforts will you make to bring back attendance?
16. Was there ever a point in your career where you did not have time to write a sermon, what did you do?
Yes, consulted with mentors.
17. Are you involved in the high tech sermons given by more modern churches, for example, using power point slides during your sermon?
18. What is your favorite activity as a clergy person?
19. What point in your life did you realize you wanted to be a clergy person?
20. Would you say you are an inspiring speaker?