An auto mechanic (or car mechanic in British English and motor mechanic in Australian English) is a mechanic who specializes in automobile maintenance, repair, and sometimes modification. An auto mechanic may be knowledgeable in working on all parts of a variety of car makes or may specialize either in a specific area or in a specific make of car. In repairing cars, their main role is to diagnose the problem accurately and quickly. They often have to quote prices for their customers before commencing work or after partial disassembly for ins...
A high school diploma or the equivalent is typically the minimum requirement for someone to work as an automotive service technician or mechanic. Because automotive technology is becoming increasingly sophisticated, some employers prefer automotive service technicians and mechanics who have completed a formal training program in a postsecondary institution. Industry certification is usually required once the person is employed.
Some mechanics work in well-ventilated and well-lit repair shops. Auto Mechanics frequently work with greasy parts and tools, sometimes in uncomfortable positions.
1. Everyday you learn about new technoligies. May 30th, 2012
2. Team player and team leader, have a starting and ending point with every job given to you. July 19th, 2012
3. good people to work around and getting to fix others problems September 7th, 2012
1. Is there upgrading available in future to improve on the trade?
2. What am i expected for the job?
3. When am expected to hear about interview results!